The Sensitive Personal Data in India constitutes the following categories of the data: passwords, financial data, health data, official identifier, sex life, sexual orientation, biometric data, genetic data, transgender status, intersex status, caste or tribe, religious belief, political affiliation or any other category of data specified by the concerned authority.
How to use this document
This document specifies the following mandatory fields:
- Type of personal and sensitive personal data or information collected;
- Purpose of collection and usage of such information;
- Disclosure of information to the third parties;
- The minimum age requirement to use the Website/App;
- Reasonable security practices and procedures adopted.
Although there is no exclusive data protection law in India, the privacy and data protection is mandated under Section 43A of Information Technology Act, 2000 read with Information Technology (reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011.